I was facing a challenge with my 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. You see, the paint was soft and would easily scratch.
As you can imagine, this drove me crazy. One of my favorite weekend activities is washing a waxing the vehicles to make them shine like new.
With this Jeep, I had to be extremely careful because the paint was soft. While we should all be careful when washing our vehicles to make sure we don’t scratch the paint with a dirty wash mitt, this paint required just a little too much TLC for my liking.
As a result, I did a lot of research in an effort to help the situation and the best option other than a full repaint was to use a nano paint coating to protect the paint.
In this video, we go through the multi-step process of protecting the paint.
Here’s a summary of what we did and the products we used:
2. Clay bar treatment – Meguiars Clay Bar Kit – https://amzn.to/2R5Ga6a
4. Blow dry – Handheld Blower
5. Compound / Paint Correction to remove swirl marks and scratches – https://amzn.to/2OYtJrv
6. Coating Prep Polish – McKee’s 37 Coating Prep Polish – https://amzn.to/2zEP0Rz
7. Nano Coating Installation – McKee’s 37 Paint Coating Spray – https://amzn.to/2P38hSk
Dual Action Polisher Used: https://amzn.to/2xKUzwy
Let’s go to the paint coating installation video…