Children need much more protection when riding in a vehicle than adults do. They have a different bone structure that would make them more apt to serious injury when trying to deal with the force of an automobile accident.
Can a Normal Baby Seat Be Used In a Jeep Wrangler?
Can a normal baby seat be used in a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, you are able to use baby car seats to keep your children safe when riding in vehicles, actually, it is mandatory to do so.
However, you can run into problems when you drive in vehicles that are not the normal standard.
One of these is the Jeep Wrangler. Today, we’re going over all of the best car seats that can be used in the Wrangler which is known for its high quality and the ability to go off-roading.
You should check the standard of the manufacturer and applicable local laws that may apply to your vehicle and what kind of car seat you need.
Generally, when your child is at their smallest, you will need an infant car seat.
After that, you would upgrade to a convertible car seat which can either face backward or forwards depending on the size of the child.
Editor Tip: Do you have multiple children? Do you think 3 car seats will fit in a Jeep Wrangler? Check out this article to find out.
What To Look For In A Car Seat
When you are a parent, you want to take extreme care that your child is safe and sound when you are on the road.
Getting a great convertible car seat is one of the best things you can do because the car seat will be with you for a good amount of time as your child grows.
First thing being first, you want to check that your child and the car seat are a good match for each other.
That means checking to make sure that the manual contains information about height and weight that matches your child (and where your child will be in the near future).
You’ll also want to look at the information for the specific seat and check the safety features that each car seat offers.
Has the car seat been tested well? Does the brand have a long history of providing quality car seat products?
If at all possible, you should make a worthwhile investment here to get a car seat that has premium materials to protect the safety of your child.
Some other options may be an optional fit for you depending on your lifestyle.
You may use strollers a lot and be looking for a model that is compatible with the stroller that you’re using. If you are often in a rush, this may be a bigger priority to you.
You’ll also need to think about your Jeep Wrangler and how it fits into your car. If you have additional children or passengers that will also be with you, does the car seat affect their experience at all?
You’ll need to check your individual seat belt systems to make sure that your car seat can actually be placed where you are thinking about placing it.
All of these factors, along with price and availability are the most important things you can look at when you pick a car seat for your new Jeep Wrangler.
Now we’re going to look at a few individual seats that have great ratings and would be an awesome fit for your Jeep Wrangler.
- 3 car seats in 1: rear-facing for infants 4-50 pounds, front-facing for toddlers 22-65 pounds and for big kids 30-100 pounds
- 4-position extension panel adjusts to provide 5 inches of additional legroom, allowing your child to ride safely rear-facing longer
- 6-position recline helps keep your child comfy
Graco is one of the leading brands when it comes to children’s car seats. They’re a well-known provider and they have been keeping kids safe for years and years.
This is a car seat that has a 50 pound limit when facing the rear and a 65 pound limit facing forward.
It’s got a lot of great padding areas in the shoulders, head, and body areas. This is going to allow for a better fit for your child and make sure that they are comfortable and safe.
The car seat also has 6 reclining positions so that your child is comfortable no matter what and dual cup holders help take the stress away from you when they need to take a drink from a sippy cup.
This is a fully customizable car seat from the height to the reclining position which makes it great in a Wrangler. It’s a great seat to protect against crashes and should be at the top of your list.
- Looking for Frontier? Check out our newest harness to booster car seat Grow with You ClickTight.
Britax routinely gets great rankings for their safety technology. They’ve been given 5 stars multiple times by the National Highway Safety Administration.
That rating applies to their safety but also to how easy the car seat is to use for parents.
The steel frame that the ClickTight seat has is really the strength of the product. Along that steel frame is the foam that creates a barrier in case of a crash. This system works together really well.
It’s a heavier car seat that is designed to be used in midsize vehicles which will fit nicely into a Jeep Wrangler.
The weight coverage of the seat goes from anywhere from 20 pounds to 120 pounds depending on the set up which is another nice feature.
- 4-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness car seat (4-40 pounds ), to forward-facing harness car seat (22-65 pounds), to highback belt-positioning...
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes.
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that your child is always properly secured
Another Graco model, this one is great for the Jeep Wrangler because it doesn’t take up a lot of space extending out forward from the back of the seat.
It’s a car seat that is going to be easy to install which means that if you ever need to switch up vehicles you should be able to quite easily.
The 4Ever model weighs in at 23 pounds and can support children up to 120 pounds when switched to a booster seat.
- JOY OF THE JOURNEY: From birth, keep your little one rear-facing longer to 40 lbs., and as they grow to 100 lbs. (10 years approx.) our long-range lifespan protects your child facing-forward.
- THREES NOT A CROWD: For safety that fits 3 across the Radian 3RXT packs all our innovative safety features into a sleek and slim design that allows you to fit three across (in most mid-size vehicles)....
- LOVINGLY ENGINEERED: The Radian 3RXT is built with automotive-strength steel, engineered into a dual spine, which manages and dissipates energy with an unyielding structure to protect your baby. Our...
This is a very narrow car seat model that is ideal for use in midsize vehicles.
If you have other passengers side-by-side, this may be the best option as you’ll be keeping your child safe but also won’t affect the other passengers’ space.
The memory foam in the model keeps your child safe and the 3RXT has a long history of testing well when compared to other models in the industry.