Toyota has been known for producing cost-effective vehicles over the years, however, this cannot be said for the Toyota Tacoma, whose price would cause a dent in your finances. Their pricing is solely dependent on Toyota’s marketing strategy that targets car enthusiasts with a love for off-roading.
Why are Toyota Tacomas So Expensive?
Toyota Tacomas pickup trucks are so expensive because they last. Tacomas are known for providing their owners with years of low maintenance reliability. As a result, Tacomas hold their value and have created a passionate owner base over the years.
Tacoma’s high prices are closely attached to owner enthusiasm associated with driving this Mexican-American made pickup truck. Tacoma’s were originally rolled out as compact pickups in 1995, receiving high ratings within the consumer market over the consequent years. Built for off-road trips, the vehicle also boasts modern and advanced infotainment and safety systems, further increasing its price.
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma has received a large welcoming in the car world, receiving an overall rating of 7.2 against 10. Ranking third place among its compact pickup peers. Tacoma also has a high consumer rating on performance, safety, and interior averaging 6.4/10.
This off-road machine comes with an exceptional towing capacity of up to 6800 kg and a maximum curb weight of 4550pounds attached to a high-performance auto transmission V6 engine to back it up. This power comes in handy when looking to attach your trailer or caravan for that long-awaited weekend getaway. This vehicle’s market dominance is solely based on Toyota’s reputation to produce high-performance heavy-duty vehicles.
Below you’ll read about some history, the reviews, and tons about the Tacoma performance rates. We believe you’ll begin to understand the price range once you’ve had all of the information presented to you, so let’s dive right in.
Toyota Tacoma Reviews
Most car manufacturers depend on market research and reviews to determine their vehicles’ performance on the market. This can be said about Toyota who has established an elaborate system to help collect data and reviews from consumers. It is not enough to gauge your performance alone but to equate your graph to similar category vehicles on the market.
Toyota has collected and analyzed reviews on all models released at par with the Tacoma to effectively market their vehicle. The company has released the market ratings and reviews on the Tacoma to all potential buyers in line with transparency. This information on the vehicle’s performance, dimensions, fuel economy, interior, and features allows the consumer to make an informed choice.
Since its remodeling in 2016, the vehicle has been undergoing a tremendous transformation with every new release. These added features can also be a reason why the model has been able to retain its price range.
Here are some of the features that have morphed the vehicle into the beast it is today:
- In 2017 Toyota introduced the TRD Pro trim to the Toyota Tacoma family.
- With new technological advancement in the motor world in 2018, Toyota adopted several software and features to aid drivers for the Tacoma, making them standard to all the Tacoma models.
- 2020 came with a hefty gift bag for the Toyota Tacoma series with several upgrades. The model gained features like; Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa, Android Auto, and a 7″ touch screen for the upgraded infotainment system. The driver’s seat got a tune-up featuring a 10-way-power-adjustable seat. With a multi-terrain monitor, the vehicle boosts the driver’s confidence regardless of navigating the terrain.
Toyota Tacoma Price Range & Warranty
Anyone looking to buy a car looks for a cost-effective vehicle, a machine that is worth paying for. The Tacoma is a cost-efficient vehicle starting at $26,150, with the high-end versions going up to $44,075. The American market has several dealers; hence there is a constant shift in the price range, this being said, check for price listings offered by multiple deals to get the best deal.
Every vehicle by law needs to have an insurance policy. Taking insurance out on your Tacoma is no different from every other vehicle and has factors influencing the rates charged. The most basic is the level of coverage you want, total deductible income, and insurance type. The Tacoma offers two different warranty deals for their customers. The 3-year-36000-mile basic warranty and the 5-year-60000-mile powertrain.
In this section, we need to dig deeper into Tacoma to understand what sets this vehicle from others in its category, what makes it the logical choice, and what makes it so expensive.
- Engine – For the full experience, most customers have a partial preference for the intelligent six transmissions 3.5-liter V6 engine. This version beats the 2.7-liter four-cylinder version with its 278 horsepower against its competitors 159. This engine gives the Tacoma more accelerating speed and power.
- Fuel Economy – Tacoma versions with the standard engine cover a maximum of 20 miles per gallon within the city and 23 miles per gallon on the open road. Compared to the standard engine, V6 engines consume more gas covering only 19 miles per gallon within city roads and 24 miles per gallon on the open highway.
Off-Road Performance & Handling
Tacoma has a smooth and responsive steering system that is easy to handle. The TRD Off-road and the TRD Pro trim are the best choices for the rugged terrain. This is due to customized suspension and shock absorbers, a locking rear differential with skid plates. These features help you have a smooth and thrilling ride.
Toyota Tacoma’s strength speaks for itself when it comes to towing capacity. This incredible machine outshines its peers with a towing capacity of 6800 pounds and a maximum payload of 1685 pounds.
Tacoma Interior Features
- Cargo space – The Tacoma series comes with two-bed versions, a 6-foot-1-inch or a 5-foot-1-inch bed. Both versions are fitted with a standard inner bed with adjustable tie-downs.
- Passenger seating – Access Cab versions have a maximum seating capacity of four, while the double cabin can hold up to five passengers. The standard power-adjustable driver’s seat allows the driver to find a suitable driving position.
- Infotainment system navigation guide – The friendly infotainment system is fitted to all Tacoma versions. This system comes with a 7-inch display touch screen that displays the applications featured on the vehicle. The vehicle comes with modern navigation software linking the driver’s smartphone to the display touch screen for better navigation.
The Toyota Tacoma has one of the highest safety ratings receiving an average of four stars out of five from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The 2020 Tacoma has received the highest ratings of Good in the IIHS crash safety test.
The vehicle is fitted with standard modern safety technology like:
- Pedestrian detection system
- Forward collision warning
- The automatic forward emergency braking system
- Cruise control system
- Rear sensors for cross-traffic and parking
- 360-degree monitoring cameras.
When shopping for your Tacoma, we suggest the Access Cab SR with a V6 engine, rear-wheel drive, and a maximum tow capacity. Of all the Tacoma models, this is by far a feature of the Tacoma series’s best qualities.
The Toyota Tacoma series is a good choice and definitely worth the hype. With new and improved features, the vehicle can meet your off the road and towing needs as you relax comfortably with an advanced infotainment system. Speaking about it is not enough to give you a deeper insight into the vehicle’s specs.
Schedule a test drive with your local Toyota dealer to try out the various features the Tacoma has to offer. Technology has developed virtual test drives that give you a chance to experience different models in a short time before even getting into any vehicle. Schedule an online test drive for the different models under the Tacoma to get a full overview as to which model best fits your needs.