There are many reasons why people choose to buy a Ford Explorer but one of the top reasons is due to how much it can hold. This is why SUVs are such a popular buy among families and is named a family-friendly vehicle.
As far as SUVs go, the Ford Explorer is a great choice whether you have a family or whether you are just looking for an SUV to rent for the weekend.
If you and a group of friends are looking for an SUV to rent, then the Ford Explorer is one to look into. Not only is it generous with legroom, but it also leaves a lot of room available to hold your luggage.
Why You Should Consider a Ford Explorer
Buying or renting a Ford Explorer is almost a no brainer because it is a great SUV that is priced right. Although despite their size, Ford Explorers are actually full-size SUVs. This means that they offer more passenger space and luggage space than any other crossovers and small family vehicles.
This makes Ford Explorers the ideal car for any outdoor adventures, including those long road trips that are a must in the summertime. Not only is the Ford Explorer spacious but it is also quite a comfortable ride.
Here is some more information about the Ford Explorer that you might want to consider:
- Car Class: Full-Size Suv
- Number of Seats Available: 5-7
- Number of Doors: 5
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Fuel Economy: 23 miles per hour (MPG)
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Engine Information: 2.0 liter 14 (240/290 horsepower [HP])
- Luggage Capacity: 595 LTR
How many bags fit in a Ford Explorer?
If you are someone that does not travel light or the people you are going on a trip with do not, then you probably care more about cargo space than the comfort of the ride. Well, rest assured that the Ford Explorer has got you covered.
So, how many bags fit in a Ford Explorer? The Ford Explorer has 959 liter of storage space which means it can fit nearly half a dozen suitcases.
Oh did we mention that there are half a dozen full-size suitcases? Yes, you read that right. With the Ford Explorer, you do not have to sacrifice underpacking just so everyone and everything can fit comfortably.
What Else You Need to Know
- The spacious storage space means that it is also great for cumbersome items too. If you have that one friend that needs to bring his/her guitar everywhere, then you probably understand the struggle. With the Ford Explorer, that friend can bring his/her guitar and it will fit in the SUV comfortably.
- Even with its generous storage room, it can still seat five to seven adults comfortably.
- Unlike other SUVs, the Ford Explorer has a powerful engine that will make it fun to drive. However, because of its power, it also means that it can only provide around 23 miles per gallon. So depending on how long your road trip is or whether it is in an isolated area or not, you might have to drop by the gas station more often than you would like.
How Big is the Trunk of a Ford Explorer?
The truck of a 2020 Ford Explorer has 87.8 cubic feet of space with all the rear seats folded. It also has:
- 18.2 cubic feet of space behind the additional third-row.
- 47.9 cubic feet behind the second row.
- The Ford Explorer’s capacity can increase to almost 2,300 liters of space.
If you think that is a lot of room, then you are right. The amount of space in the Ford Explorer is beyond impressive for a midsize SUV.
It is important to keep in mind that Ford Explorer is in fact a crossover, which makes it larger than other SUVs which is why its luggage carrying capacity is so great. It can handle 595 liter-worth of cargo which is about six large suitcases.
More about the Ford Explorer
Note: Information given are based on the latest model of the Ford Explorer: 2020 Ford Explorer
- The Ford Explorer can hold up to seven adults: 2-2-3 seating arrangement or 2-3-2 seating arrangement.
- If you are looking for the seating arrangement that would make it the easiest for you and your passengers to get in and out of the vehicle, it would be the 2-2-3 seating arrangement. This is because, although the Ford Explorer is a crossover, it is still structured very similarly to a minivan. You do not need to climb over any of the seats to get in the back.
- The 2-2-3 is perfect if you have more people than luggage.
- However, if you have more luggage than people, then you should opt for the 2-3-2 design.
- Try both out yourself and see which one suits you more.
- Captain’s chairs in the second row
- The two-person bench seat in the third row
- The driver’s and front passenger’s seats are nice and comfortable, very spacious.
- Rear seats have a great amount of legroom
- Taller passengers should opt to sit either in the front passenger seat or in the second row because the third row’s seats are said to be a bit low and uncomfortable for taller individuals.
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and four-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, the second row has power-assist fold while the third-row has a 50/50 split.
- Heated leather seats
The Ford Explorer does not only have ample cabin space but it is also quite stylish on the inside.
Here are some interior features and designs you can look forward to if you choose to rent or buy a Ford Explorer:
- 10.1-inch vertical touch screen.
- The base system comes equipped with a smartphone cubby underneath the display which is both functional and helpful.
- Comes standard with a SYNC 3 infotainment system which includes: an 8-inch touch screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, two front row USB ports (so fewer fights will occur on the road)-one is a standard USB port while the other is a USB-C. There are also two second-row USB ports-one is a standard USB port while the other is a USB-C. There is also satellite radio, and Wi-Fi hotspot.
- The car is a push-button start and remote start with tri-zone automatic climate control.
Standard Safety Features Include
Despite being a very comfortable and spacious SUV, let’s not forget the most important feature of any car: the safety features.
It does not matter how great the car looks, how much luggage it can hold, or how updated the interior system is if it is not a safe car.
Luckily, the Ford Explorer wants its drivers to know that they are in safe hands. Take a look at all of these awesome safety features, so you can feel comfortable being behind the wheel.
It will also make you feel good about traveling with loved ones knowing that they are in good hands, both yours and the Ford Explorer.
- Co-Pilot 360 suite of advanced systems: blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, rear camera with lens washer, blind-spot monitoring, and automatic high-beam headlights.
- There is also post-collision braking, forward automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, and pedestrian detection. It also comes standard with Ford MyKey.
- Adaptive cruise control: lane-centering assist and stop-and-go assist.
- Speed sign recognition
- Parking assist: parallel and perpendicular
- Reverse brake assist
- Blindspot information system
- Durable and strong windshield wipers for harsh weather conditions such as rain, fog, and snow.
- Bonus: Audio volume for secondary drivers and it also comes with seat belt reminders, very handy!
Is the Ford Explorer a Good Travel SUV?
Yes, the Ford Explorer is a great travel SUV. It is great whether you are traveling with a lot of people, or just a few but those few people carry a lot of luggage.
If you are looking for an SUV that:
- Is comfortable enough to where you and six other passengers can feel great after hours on the road.
- Is spacious enough to where you can fit your luggage and the luggage of your passengers without sacrificing leg space.
- Has a powerful engine that can take you from point A to point B quickly.
- Is a great rental car.
The Final Verdict
If you have been wondering:
- How much luggage fits in a Ford Explorer?
- How many bags fit in a Ford Explorer?
- How big is the trunk of a Ford Explorer?
Then we hope this article gave you all you wanted to know and a bit more about the Ford Explorer. The Ford Explorer is a great SUV whether you want to rent one for the weekend or if you are deciding whether or not to bite the bullet on an SUV.
As with all cars, there are some pros and cons to the Ford Explorer. However, the pros and cons are subjective.
Here is an article was written by U.S. News Car that talks all about the Ford Explorer that you might want to read if you find yourself still wanting to know more about the Ford Explorer.