When drivers decide to purchase a truck, they do so with the knowledge that cab space might be limited and fuel efficiency could go out the window. Nowadays, however, that mindset is starting to shift and for good reasons. If you have ever wondered which trucks have the biggest cab, you are not alone.
Most trucks offer seating for up to six passengers but it does not mean that they are all created equal. Even if you bought your truck for loading and towing, you still will want your back seat passengers to be comfortable right?
If you are looking for trucks with the amplest cab space then look no further, we have got you covered.
Top 8 Trucks with the Biggest Cab
2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
- Cab size: 43.6 inches
- First on our list is the impressive 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew.
- Owners of this vehicle are nodding their head in approval because they understand just how spacious the 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew truly is.
- The 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew offers 43.6 inches of rear legroom. If you do not think that is impressive, think again. With 43.6 inches of rear legroom, it means the back passengers get almost as much legroom as the front passengers. Your passengers will no longer have to fight over who will get the front passenger seat because everyone will be comfortable.
- The 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew also comes with 65.9 inches of shoulder room, 64.7 inches of hip room, and 40.4 inches of headroom.
- If you are looking for the ultimate legroom while still driving a powerful truck, then there is no competitor in the market (as of now) that is better than the 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
- Cab size: 43.3 inches
- Second, on our list is the 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab.
- If you are looking for one of the best crew cab trucks, then look no further than the 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab.
- The 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab offers 43.3 inches of rear legroom, 40.3 inches of back seat headroom, and 63.2 inches of rear hip room. We cannot forget the 65.7 inches of rear shoulder room.
- With the 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab, your backseat passengers will no longer be complaining about legroom or comfort again.
- The 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab also offers impressive size rear doors which is super important when it comes to comfort and easy access. With wider doors, it will make it much easier for passengers (and yourself) to climb in and out of the truck.
- The 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab was named the “Mega Cab” for many reasons and we honestly think it fits its name perfectly.
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
- Cab size: 42.3 inches
- Last on our top three list is the 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax.
- This is because the 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax has 42.3 inches of legroom which is amazing. 42.3 inches of legroom is almost a match for front passengers who get an additional 0.2 inches more space.
- It is very rare to find a truck that offers the back passengers as much legroom as the front passenger but the 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax gets it done.
- When it comes to the headroom, you will get 38.9 inches. When it comes to the rear hip room, the 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax will offer 60.4 inches. Lastly, the 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax offers 65.5 inches of rear shoulder room.
- The 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax is impressive on almost all battlefronts and it is definitely a truck to consider.
2016 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab
- Cab size: 42.1 inches
- Ford makes it onto the list again but this time it is the 2016 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab.
- The 2016 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab has 42.1 inches of rear legroom. It also has a very impressive 68 inches of rear shoulder room and 67.6 inches of rear hip room. This is very impressive because that is a lot of rear hip room, one of the most spacious of any of the trucks on this list!
- Aside from the great cap room, the 2016 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab is notable based on the fact that it is a heavy-duty truck but it delivers when it comes to comfort.
- With its second model on our list, Ford is doing it right. If the 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew is not doing it for you, then please consider the 2016 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
- Cab size: 40.9 inches
- The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab is often compared to the GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab has 40.9 inches of rear legroom which honestly, is not bad at all.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab fails in comparison to its competitors when it comes to hip room, showing at only 60.3 inches. However, it redeems itself when it comes to the shoulder room and hip room.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab offers 65.7 inches of shoulder room and 40.5 inches in headroom, both of which are excellent.
- Although the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab is impressive when it comes to shoulder and headroom, critics hope that the newer models will step up their game when it comes to cab room.
2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
- Cab size: 40.3 inches
- Next on our list, we have the 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab.
- Unfortunately, the 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab does not offer the Mega Cab version which means you will need to stick with the smaller Crew Cab.
- This is a bit unfortunate because the cab size is on the lower end with 40.3 inches. The hip room towards the rear is also quite small, showing at 63.2 inches and headroom showing at 39.9 inches.
- However, the shoulder room is quite impressive with 65.7 inches.
- All and all, the 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab is not the most spacious but it is perfect for someone who wants a bit more space than the usual truck provides but not by too much.
2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab
- Cab size: 38.5 inches
- Nissan recently designed their 2016 Nissan Titan XD model.
- When it comes to legroom, the 2016 Nissan Titan XD is not ahead of the rest of its competition by any means. It only has 38.5 inches of rear legroom.
- The 2016 Nissan Titan XD also has 63.6 inches of rear shoulder room, 60.3 inches of rear hip room, and 40.4 inches of rear headroom.
- This is not ideal if you often carry a lot of passengers or your passengers are more on the taller end of the spectrum.
- For shorter adults or smaller children though, the 2016 Nissan Titan XD would be a great fit. The 2016 Nissan Titan XD would also be great if you often travel alone and need more space for luggage than people but when push comes to shove, the 2016 Nissan Titan XD will be able to get the job done.
2017 Honda Ridgeline
- Cab size: 36.7 inches
- Last on our list is the 2017 Honda Ridgeline. What is important to note about the 2017 Honda Ridgeline is the fact that it is not a full-size truck.
- However, it is important to not overlook the 2017 Honda Ridgeline because it has a lot to offer. The 2017 Honda Ridgeline has 36.7 inches of legroom which is a lot for the backseat, but that is a bit more than four inches less than the front passengers will get. Obviously, the most comfortable seat would be in the front but 36.7 inches is not bad at all, especially for a truck of this size.
- Additional information about the 2017 Honda Ridgeline includes: it has 61.5 inches of rear shoulder room, 38.8 inches of rear headroom, and 56.6 inches of rear hip room.
- You should consider the 2017 Honda Ridgeline if passenger comfort is important to you. So if you often travel with more than one person or if you are usually the driver of the group.
It is 2020 and it is not a bad thing to want it all, especially when it comes to your vehicle. You no longer have to sacrifice leg room for a powerful engine, towing capacity, and loading capacity.
Spacious cab room is not only great for your passengers but it will also be great for traveling as well. We hope you found some new trucks on this list that you might not have considered before or we hope that you gained some reassurance if some trucks you were leaning towards were on this list.
Trust us when we say that a roomier cab is a win-win for all parties involved and it will make driving your truck a much more enjoyable process. You will have the ultimate hybrid truck and your passengers will not have to squeeze themselves in an uncomfortable back seat.