Jeep Wranglers are one of those vehicles that once you have seen them, it is difficult to confuse them with any other car on the market. This is because they have a unique look to them that is hard to replicate; however, this also makes them quite niche. As in, you either like them or you do not.
If you belong to the former group, then there are probably a lot of questions running through your mind about the Jeep Wrangler. What colors does it come in? Why do some Jeep Wranglers not have doors and a roof? Or a very common one: how much does a Jeep Wrangler weigh?
How Much Does a Jeep Wrangler Weigh?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to that because each Jeep Wrangler is different but Jeep Wranglers are estimated to weigh around 3,970 lbs to 4,449 lbs. So where does your Jeep Wrangler fall on that scale?
Let’s find out!
How much Does a Jeep Wrangler Weigh?|Introducing Each Model
In order to figure out how much a Jeep Wrangler weighs, it is best to go through each model that was made throughout the years. Included are also some specs and information about each model.
Jeep Wrangler YJ (Model Year 1987 to 1996)
- The first model on our list is the Jeep Wrangler YJ
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ weighs 3,241 lbs
- The model year for the Jeep Wrangler YJ is 1987 to 1996
- This model is quite old; therefore, chances of you finding it in great condition are rare but it is still out there. Be sure to ask around or check with online car shops.
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ comes standard with the four-wheel-drive
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ comes with automatic or manual transmission
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ has an analog speedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ yields 76 to 135 HP
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ has a timing chain synchronization
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ is a four seated
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ tank volume is 57-76
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ has a manual parking brake
- The Jeep Wrangler YJ wheelbase is 2373 mm
Jeep Wrangler TJ (Model Year 2005 to 2006)
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ weighs 3,460 lbs (curb) and 4,450 lbs (gross weight)
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ model year is 1997 to 2006
- The Jeep WrangLer TJ comes with three different engines: the first being a 2.4 L six-speed manual engine, the second being a 4.0 L six-speed manual engine, and the last being a four-speed automatic engine.
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ mass gross trailer weight is 2,000 lbs or 970 kg
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ front suspension comes with: a stabilizer bar, coil springs, track bar, live axle, monotube high-pressured gas-charged shock absorbers, and leading arms.
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ rear suspension comes with: a stabilizing bar, coil springs, live axle, trailing arms, monotube high-pressured gas-charged shock absorbers, and rubicon.
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ steering turn (lock to lock) is 3.4
- The Jeep Wrangler TJ max engine speed is 530 rpm
Jeep Wrangler LJ (Model Year 2004 to 2006)
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ weighs 3,500 lbs (which is oddly not too much heavier than the TJ)
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ sadly only saw production for two years, from 2004 to 2006 before it was discontinued
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ has a longer and more extended muffler compared to the Jeep Wrangler TJ
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ is a very rare car because there was only a limited amount of them being produced. If you want to get your hands on a Jeep Wrangler LJ then it will be quite a mission. However, if you do find one do know that it is super rare and you should take care of it the best you can
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ has a longer wheelbase than the Jeep Wrangler TJ
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ holds its value quite well when compared to other Jeep Wrangler models. This could be due to the fact that it is a rare find.
- The Jeep Wrangler LJ can be found selling for $25,000 or higher if it is in decent condition
Jeep Wrangler JK (Model Year 2007 to 2018)
- The Jeep Wrangler JK weighs 3,760 lbs to 4,340 lbs (or 1,706 LG to 1,969 kg)
- The Jeep Wrangler JK model year is 2007 to 2018
- The Jeep Wrangler JK has many different body styles, including the 2 door convertible, the 2 door SUV, the 4 door convertible, and lastly, the 4 door SUV.
- The Jeep Wrangler JK comes with the front engine rear-view drive and the front-engine four-wheel drive for your convenience
- The Jeep Wrangler JK comes with three different engine choices: the 2.8 L VM Motori RA 428 engine, the 3.8 L Pentastar engine, the 3.8 L EGH engine.
- The Jeep Wrangler JK comes in a four-speed automatic, a five-speed automatic (Ultradrive 42 RLE), a five speed automatic (Mercedes Benz W5A580), and a six-speed manual
Jeep Wrangler JKU (Model Year 2007 to Present)
- The Jeep Wrangler JKU stands for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- The Jeep Wrangler JKU weighs 4,220 lbs (curb weight)
- The Jeep Wrangler JKU model year is 2007 to the present year (2020)
- The Jeep Wrangler JKU was unveiled on April 12, 2006, at the New York Auto show
- The Jeep Wrangler JKU was longer than the Jeep Wrangler TJ and came with four doors
- Jeep Wrangler JKU was a big scale success
Jeep Wrangler JL (Model Year 2017-Present)
- The Jeep Wrangler JL weighs 4,322 lbs (or 1,956 kg)
- The Jeep Wrangler JL model year is from 2017 to the present year (2020)
- The Jeep Wrangler JL comes in two different styles. The first being the 2-door convertible SUV with a removable roof as well as removable doors. The second being a 4-door convertible SUV with a removable roof as well as removable doors
- The Jeep Wrangler JL comes in seven different engine options as well as two different speed transmission options
Jeep Wrangler JLU (Model Year 2017 to Present)
- Last on our list we have the Jeep Wrangler JLU
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU weighs 5,800 lbs
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU mode year is 2017 to the present year (2020)
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU stands for Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU will give you 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU is part of the Wrangler fourth-generation off-road vehicle
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU comes in both the two-door model and the four-door model
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU was first unveiled in 2017 at the Los Angeles Auto Show
- The Jeep Wrangler JLU can still be found used and preloved even in the 2017 edition
The Takeaway|Is a Jeep Wrangler Right For You?
The Jeep Wrangler is a great vehicle because it is so distinctive and it also has many different models. We hope that you were able to figure out which model best suits your needs.
Please also keep in mind that these are the weights of the Jeep Wranglers before they have had any additional add-ons or additions.